The 34th Asian Finance Association Annual Conference
June 27 - 29, 2022 (Mon - Wed), Hong Kong SAR, China
The Asian Finance Association (AsianFA) invites submission of research papers on finance to the Association's 2022 Annual Conference. The conference will be hosted by the School of Accounting and Finance, Faculty of Business, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, in Hong Kong during June 27 - 29, 2022. The conference provides an open platform for finance scholars worldwide to present their recent research and exchange ideas and information on new developments in finance research. The majority of the sessions will include papers selected through open competition. The papers will be double-blind reviewed by a committee of established researchers. In addition, there will be several invited sessions where leading researchers in different areas will be invited to present their latest work. A doctoral consortium will be held as part of the 2022 AsianFA Annual Conference.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Professor Wei Xiong, Trumbull-Adams Professor of Finance, Professor of Economics, Department of Economics and Bendheim Center for Finance, Princeton University; Academic Dean, School of Management and Economics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
TOPICS: The theme of the conference is on frontiers of finance research in the post-pandemic world. Papers in all areas of finance are welcome, including corporate finance, asset pricing, market microstructure, behavioral finance, financial institutions, financial crisis, international finance, and emerging capital markets. Accepted papers are eligible for several categories of best paper awards.
DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM: Doctoral students are welcome to present their dissertations at the consortium which will be led by leading scholars. A travel grant of USD1000 will be awarded to selected doctoral presenters at the consortium.
BEST PAPER AWARDS: The conference will offer multiple categories of best paper awards. The awards in each category will be decided on by an Award Committee. These awards include:
- Three best paper awards sponsored by the Asian Finance Association (USD1000 each).
- Four best paper awards sponsored by the Pacific-Basin Finance Journal (USD1000 each).
- Two best doctoral paper awards for the doctoral consortium sponsored by the School of Accounting and Finance, Faculty of Business, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (USD1000 each).
- More awards to be announced.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
- Paper status: only completed papers (both conference and consortium) will be considered.
- Submission format: a blind copy of the manuscript and a separate file for the cover page containing the paper title, the abstract and author information. Only PDF or MS-Word versions are accepted.
- Submission for Conference: https://editorialexpress.com/conference/AsianFA2022/
- Submission for Doctoral Consortium: email to email@example.com
- Submission deadline: February 28, 2022 [Extended]
- Decision communication: April 15, 2022
CONFERENCE VENUE: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Campus https://www.polyu.edu.hk/campus-map/
In case that travel restrictions associated with the COVID-19 pandemic continue to exist, the conference organizers will consider holding the conference both online and onsite.
REGISTRATION & HOTEL: Registration and hotel booking information will be available shortly on the conference site https://af.polyu.edu.hk/asianfa
ENQUIRES: Please send email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (AsianFA Annual Conference)
email@example.com (AsianFA Doctoral Consortium)
CONFERENCE HOST: The School of Accounting and Finance is the longest established accounting school in Hong Kong with over 80 full-time academic and teaching staff in the areas of accounting, finance, economics, and law. During the past few years, faculty members were successful in publishing their research papers in top-tier refereed journals, including Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Accounting Research, Review of Accounting Studies, and Contemporary Accounting Research. The School has maintained an excellent network with overseas and Chinese Mainland institutions for collaborative work. More information about the School is available at http://www.af.polyu.edu.hk/
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is one of the world’s leading universities. It has been ranked 66th in the QS World University Rankings 2022. According to the UTD Top 100 Worldwide Business School Rankings based on research contributions for the period 2016–2020, the Faculty of Business has been ranked 59th in the world. PolyU will celebrate its 85th Anniversary in 2022: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/85anniversary/
The HKSAR is an international city located strategically at the heart of Asia and is the gateway to Chinese Mainland, with excellent transport links to major international cities. PolyU campus is located near the harbour connecting Kowloon and the Hong Kong Island, and in the vicinity of Tsim Sha Tsui, which is one of the most popular areas for visitors in Hong Kong.
CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS:
- Nancy Su, Professor and Head, School of Accounting and Finance, Faculty of Business, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shaojun Zhang, Associate Professor of Finance, School of Accounting and Finance, Faculty of Business, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (email@example.com)
CONFERENCE PROGRAM COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS:
- Robin Chou, Professor and Associate Dean, College of Commerce, National Chengchi University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bohui Zhang, Presidential Chair Professor and Executive Associate Dean, School of Management and Economics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen (email@example.com)
Please find here the call for papers and participation for the 34th (2022) Asian Finance Association conference.